The monthly payroll is designed by the Bureau of State Payrolls (BOSP) to pay by
exception. This means that the employee will continue to receive the same amount of salary each month unless
the circuit submits a Personnel Action Request Form (PAR) to change their position, salary, benefits,
miscellaneous deductions, hours worked.
Examples of monthly payroll changes include:
- Hour adjustments (unpaid hours)
- Deductions changes (miscellaneous)
To Calculate Monthly Hourly Rate of Pay (Straight-Time)
Take monthly rate of pay (ROP) and divide by number of work hours in the month.
- Example: $3,000.00 monthly ROP / 184 monthly hours = $16.30 hourly ROP
- Example: $3,000.00 monthly ROP / 176 monthly hours = $17.05 hourly ROP
- Example: $3,000.00 monthly ROP / 168 monthly hours = $17.86 hourly ROP
To calculate LWOP (Unpaid Hours) for month
Monthly ROP / monthly hours x number of unpaid hours.
- Example: $3,000.00 / 184 = $16.30 x 15 unpaid hours = $244.50
- Example: $3,000.00 / 176 = $17.05 x 15 unpaid hours = $255.67
- Example: $3,000.00 / 168 = $17.86 x 15 unpaid hours = $267.90